Wednesday, November 13, 2013

wh



1. Describe a typical Sunday from your childhood.
Mom would be up early, as usual, but would fix a special breakfast, maybe scrambled eggs, bacon, and slices of fresh baked bread, toasted, then we would all get dressed, the older ones helping the younger children get ready for church.  A drive to town, through the canyon, and then Sunday School and church, and afterwards possibly a dinner with one of the other church families, before our long drive back home, where chores would be waiting before we turned in for the night.



2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
I am not comfortable with uncertainty, because I like to be in control and when I don't know what is going to happen, I find that a test of my faith to be content to let God be in charge.



3. What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty?  If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?
I am an artsy person.  This past Saturday, I took a class/workshop where I finished a 12 days of Christmas book and a box to contain it.

4. Have you ever worked in a 'food place'? What did you take away from the experience?
I have never worked in fast food, although when I was a junior in high school, I worked at a cafe next to a night club, and I learned that you had to be fast, the custom was always right, and drunks tip real good.



5. Cold turkeytalk turkeywhat a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase. 
Since I am facing some life changes (good ones), I have had to talk turkey to my kids, and let them know that I am an adult, and I can make decisions, if they are wrong that will be on me, but they need to respect my choices.



6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?
The apostle Paul, I would serve him the traditional dinner and then listen to his wisdom of relationships.



7. What is one thing you must accomplish today? 
I need to finish repairing my grandson's baseball uniform.  He slid into base and ripped a hole in the knee of his pants.



8.  Insert your own random thought here.
The weather here was in the low 90's today, so it was back to shorts.  This whole week is supposed to be warmer than usual, so it is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  I did find a couple of yummy sounding pumpkin recipes that I am going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment