Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Quiz About Me


Acting Balanced

Here are FOUR QUESTIONS that everyone can answer and then you have the option to add a fifth question of your own for those who are visiting your blog to answer in the comment section, along with commenting on the four standard questions you answered! 
Here are the Questions:

1. Yesterday (Sunday) was National Adoption Day in the US - does your family (or friend family) have an adoption story?
My youngest daughter is unofficially "adopted".  She came to live with us when she was 10 days old.  Her mother a friend of my best friend was unable to care for her, so I became her Mama Marti.  She now is grown with two children of her own, has a good job as a pharmacy tech, and a house with stairs (something she wanted since she was four or five years old)

2. Do you plan out your Thanksgiving preparations?  When do you start?
One of the advantages of having grown children, they can invite you for dinner, and all you have to do is bring a pie.

3. Shopping on holidays - pro or con?  What do you think of stores and malls opening at 6 PM or 10 PM on Thanksgiving for "Black Friday" What about Midnight or 3 AM?  Are you planning to shop at any time this coming weekend?
I will not be shopping on Black Friday.  Some stores here in Phoenix are going to be open all day on Thanksgiving.  I really don't like that idea.  There should be some days that all families can be together.

4. Do you have a fireplace?  Do you use it?  If you don't, do you want one?
I don't have a fireplace, with temperatures so moderate in Phoenix, some years I don't even have to use my furnace.  They do have a nice ambiance on a snowy night, but I have to go north for that.

And now a question for you:
5.  Do you like cranberries? If so what is your favorite way to have them?
Me--I like cranberry juice (and it is so good for you), I also like them in breads and cookies, but not out of the can as jelly or sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment