Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Quiz About Me


Acting Balanced

Welcome to Monday Quiz About Me - hosted by Acting Balanced
Here are FOUR QUESTIONS that everyone can answer and then you have the option to add a fifth question of your own for those who are visiting your blog to answer in the comment section, along with commenting on the four standard questions you answered! 
Here are the Questions:

1. It is Veteran's Day in the US and Remembrance Day in Canada - are you participating in any special events or doing anything to honor those who served?
I won't be able to participate in anything this year, as I have to babysit my little grands because their parents work.  But I am planning some activities with them so they will be aware of what our military does for us.

2. How far are you willing to drive before it becomes better to fly?
500 miles--after that the time saved and the expense of driving makes flying more of an option.

3. Fresh cranberries are back in stores - Wayne is happy because I'm making crisps again, do you cook/bake with fresh cranberries? Recipes?
I love cranberries, and use them with apples in pies, and in breads.  And cooked they are a favorite in salads.

4. We turned on our heat for the first time this week here in SC... how long has the heat been on at your house? What temperature do you set your furnace at?
Ummm, it's 79 right now at sunset, so I don't think I will be needing heat for several months yet.  Some years, I don't even have to turn it on.  If I do, I set it at 68.

And now a question for you--
5.  Many stores in Phoenix are already decorated for Christmas, and are advertising that they will be open all day Thanksgiving day.  What do you think of this?
Me--I know that retailers all count on the sales on Black Friday, but I don't like the thought of them turning Thanksgiving into just another shopping day.  We need a time to be able to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for.  And that includes all the people that will be required to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment