Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Are you settling for something?
Yes, I am settling for peace and quiet, instead of the bedlam of being around a bunch of people (none of whom I am related to) on Thanksgiving--


2.  It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I won't be shopping on Thanksgiving day nor on Black Friday.  I would like to think that most employees would enjoy the day with their families rather than having to put up with rude people.


3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-

New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul. 

Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
I have shopped in New York, just this month, in London once, and in Paris for three years a while back.

I  like Internet shopping better.

4.  When did you last dine by candlelight?
Never


5. What do you have too much of?
Fabric


6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan?  Did you read the book(s)?  Will you/have you seen the movie?  Will you/have you seen Catching Fire?  No spoilers please!
I have not seen the Hunger Games.


7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner?  If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday. 
See number one above.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I am having a hard time realizing that when people don't live up to my expectation, that is not their problem, that it is mine.  I have to deal with the disappointment for having placed on them my hopes.  I need to be content with what I am given, I can hope for higher accomplishments, but I am only responsible for my own actions.  So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for all the love and friendship that I have been given and gratefully accept it as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment