Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cold Weather

This is a picture of me.  My nose is stuffy, I have had a fever, cough, and now I have conjunctivitis (pink eye) in both eyes.  After a week, I think that it is finally starting to get better.

One good thing, with the cold weather I have no desire to go outside.  I'm content just to have hot coffee or tea and sit in the recliner under a blanket and read and nap.

But today, I will have to drag myself to the grocery store as the dogs are out of food.  I am glad that I only get a bad cold once every few years.

So I'm off to make a pot of coffee, put on the tea kettle, and take it easy.

4 comments:

  1. You poor thing......get well fast and in the meantime, continue to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! We've been battling "the bug" for a few weeks now. It's awful. I hope you are soon feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marti, that sounds terrible! I am so sorry you are feeling miserable - and that you have to get out to the store for dog food. They should learn to do their own shopping, just to be prepared for emergencies like this! Hope you feel better very soon!♥

    AND, wanted to let you know that I'm having a 4 HomemadeSoapnSuch Valentine Soap Sachet Giveaway - on now through Friday. Hope you'll stop in at Cranberry Morning and enter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marti! Feel better and soon! I was telling another friend with a nasty cold that I want my flu to start the year to win this years Icky Cup; that means all my friends have to stay healthy or get well quick.

    Like you, I don't really get seriously sick that often. I think it makes it worse because there isn't a regular sick routine. Stay bundled and rest and is there's someone who can bring dog food? If it's cold out, that's an especially good idea! (Some grocery stores will deliver small bags if you're ill.) The most important thing is get better!

    Sending a prayer and healing wishes, Nani

    ReplyDelete