1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?Several thoughts come to mind--those brave common people who fought for our freedom, then Mel Gibson as the peaceful farmer Benjamin Martin driven to lead the Colonial Militia during the American Revolution
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
Keeping on an even keel while my grandson is recovering from his accident. He is facing emotional and physical trials, and is quick to lash out. I pray daily for God to give me patience.
Being far away from home, living in Denver, so I could go to college.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?
My favorite white food is scallops. I absolutely love them any way they are fixed, but since they aren't on the list, I would have to go with mashed potatoes, all hot and fluffy with a pat of butter melting in a nice puddle in the center.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
The coldest I have ever been, physically, was when I lived in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. In the winter of 1968 the temperature was -30 degrees, but with the wind chill it was close to 50 below. There was about 2 feet of snow on the ground. I couldn't be outside for more than a minute or so. Now 40 years later, I am still thawing out. The coldest emotionally, the day that my husband left me--my heart was frozen for the longest time. But, through the years, I have thawed out from that also. Now my life is warm!
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
I love to make Quiche, serve it with fresh fruit, green salad, and sherbet for dessert.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
Pray, listen to good music, get busy doing something creative.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sheridan found out today that he might need more surgery on his upper face. He is very upset with this. He still does not have insurance, so am hoping that his work will get busy and submit the paperwork, so he might be covered before this happens. Sometimes I think I am too old to have to deal with all these problems, but then a still small voice comes to me and says that I am just the right age--my faith, experience and knowledge will see us both through these trying times.