1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ Blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!
And the questions for my 11 tag-ees:
1. If money and know-how aren't obstacles, what is your dream occupation?--World wide nature photographer.
2. Valentines' Day is the next "big" holiday. Tell us about your best or worst or funniest Valentines' Day. Never have had anything special happen.
3. Do you have a mentor and if so, what have they mentored you in? I have no mentor
4.If you could be doing anything under the sun right now, what would you be doing? Sitting on a tropical beach
5. Music can evoke powerful emotions and memories. Is there a song that can instantly take you somewhere? Silver Bells--It was playing in the streets of Denver, as I was shopping for my wedding dress, before leaving for France to be married.
6. What is the best advice anyone ever gave you? Trust your instincts.
7. Have you ever met anyone famous? If you did, what was your impression? Were they what you expected them to be? I have met a lot of famous people. The ones in movies were generally stuck-up, the ones in the media--interesting, the ones of religious fame--humble. These are generalities, there was always the exception.
8. What one book (other than the Bible...'cause everyone's going to say that) do you think no one should go through life without reading? "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens, set in London and Paris before and during the French Revolution. With well over 200 million copies sold, it ranks among the most famous works in the history of fictional literature.The novel depicts the plight of the French peasantry demoralized by the French aristocracy in the years leading up to the revolution, the corresponding brutality demonstrated by the revolutionaries toward the former aristocrats in the early years of the revolution, and many unflattering social parallels with life in London during the same time period. A great picture of that era.
9. What is the most unusual thing you've ever done? Lived in France
10. Has your life turned out to be anything like what you'd imagined when you were growing up? Not even close. I had dreamed of living in the mountains, with the man of my dreams, sitting in our rocking chairs on the front porch. Reality--I live in the 5th largest city in America on the edge of the barrio, with a dog and constant pressure to make ends meet.
11. Have you set any goals or made resolutions for 2012? Share one I set goals--One is to finish an art project a month.
Now my randomness--
1. I am a mixed media artist
2. I have lived in Phoenix for 43 years.
3. I drive a 1995 Ford Contour
4. I love to bake
5. I hate housework
6. I went to the movies last night with my daughter, saw "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Don't waste your money on it.
7. I am working on a gift for my secret blogging sister for Valentines day.
8. I hate to go barefoot.
9. I have three great-grandchildren, and six grandchildren.
10.I love nature
11 I have an old black lab/queensland heeler named Betsy. She is so kind and gentle.
Now that wasn't hard. It's your turn now.
1. Where do you like to vacation
2. Do you have pets
3. What is your favorite color
4. How many are in your family
5. What is your least favorite thing to do
6. What is your most favorite thing to do
7. If money were no object what would you like to do when you retire
8. What is your favorite season
9. What book are you currently reading
10.What time do you go to bed, get up in the morning
11.How long have you been blogging.
I tagged these lucky people.