Sunday, October 23, 2011

Those who Serve

So often we take for granted those who serve us--those who provide for our safety--of course the military, but also policemen, firemen, even city workers.  Our church designated this month to honor those who serve, and also to do service for others. Every member was to do a project of service.  I chose to honor my local firefighters at Station 25.  This week I am bringing them treats and I made this card to express my thanks for all they do.  It is 8 x 10, mounted on chipboard.  The paper and embellishments are from KC & Company.  The firetrucks are from photos of their trucks.  On the back, I made an easel so that it would stand. My neighbors and I are signing the back.  It is but a small token of our gratitude that they are there to serve us.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great thing to do! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog header - cute. Oh yeah - your blog too! sandie

    ReplyDelete