Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn Leaves


One of the beauties of Autumn is the riot of color as the leaves change.  Bored with summer, knowing that winter is just around the corner, the trees bring out all their vibrant finery and throw one last party. 
Part of the creative process of art is to be able to translate what you see into another medium and still being able to keep the spirit of the scene.

For a birthday card for one of my friends, I iris folded a leaf on the bottom corner of a double sided paper, when tri-folded the paper up to form the card.  For the little leaves, on a sheet of 24# paper, I computer generated a fall poem a couple of inches from the top, then on the reverse side, using distress inks, I made a background, then folding down a flap randomly cut leaves with the top hinged.  With a marker, I added veins, and gold stickles to both the large leaf and the small ones.  Because the small leaves are on lightweight paper, they have movement.  A twisted cord makes the leaf stem.


So this is my salute to fall leaves for a card--a little bit of a twist on the traditional.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! And I enjoyed reading about your mother, very nice tribute to her! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful --- a lovely leaf card!

    LaTeaDah from Gracious Hospitality

    ReplyDelete