Thursday, October 6, 2011

Guys are a Different Sort

Cards for the guys are always a challenge for me.  I am shabby chic, Victorian, country sort of person, don't know so much about the guy thing! So what do guys like--cars, hunting, football, grunge, and sex (but I didn't go there).  This first card is for my brother who loves to go big game hunting.  The deer is stamped on cork with sepia ink.  Some fibers and pine needles give it that outdoors feel.
                                     

I also needed a get well card for a guy, a lumberjack type of fellow, so this buzzard (from Taylored Artwork) was stamped and a tree stump was hand drawn.  The words are computer generated.  A feather and some twine complete the card.

Another birthday card for a guy. So using Ranger Distress black and barn red I distressed a tag, and then stamped random numbers with black versamark, and clear embossing. The watch face, sticker and clip are from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.  Computer generated words and random watch parts from e-bay complete the outside.  Inside are computer generated words and an idea-ology cog to finish the card. Now the most difficult card for me to do was one about football.  Why?  I hate football!  I don't understand the game, I just don't see the point of a bunch of adult guys hitting each other, running around in the rain or snow, chasing a football.

Anyway, I know its to each their own.  My son is a rabid football fan.  He has loved the Vikings ever since we lived in Minnesota.  So for his upcoming birthday I made this slider card.  It really is quite simple when you get the folds and cuts figured out.  The words are


computer generated, as are the images.  So for now, I have this guy thing figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment