Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wisdom in a fortune cookie

Yesterday's fortune cookie said "Nature, time and patience are the three great healers."  I have been under a lot of stress trying to get our company's computer conversion finished.  If there has been a problem we have encountered it.  As the deadline looms, there still is a lot of work to do, and now we are encountering technical difficulties.  Today I took off early, and just drove out of town, parked by a cotton field near a pecan grove and absorbed the view.  There was a slight haze, but that made the mountains look purple.  Blackbirds  played chase, butterflies drifted from bush to bush, and a light western breeze made everchanging shimmering designs in the trees. It never ceases to amaze me that within a fifteen minute drive I am away from the city's busy action.  After awhile I could feel the stress melt away.  I must remember that this situation will soon  be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment