Sunday, September 25, 2011

Not so Lazy Sunday Afternoon


This coming week is loaded with birthdays.  I checked out my stash of cards, but none of them spoke to me, so off to my studio, to see what inspiration might hit me.  First of all, I finished the "Wish" card.  The upper background is a paper sack that some purchase, now long forgotten came in.  But, I love the bag. For the leaves, I used the pouncing technique that we learned in Jennifer McGuire's Online Card Class.  A heavy spritz with pearl water, and after it dried, using Marvy's embossed leaf punches, I had a bunch of great looking leaves. Just a touch of ultra-fine glitter finished them.



  The inside is digital French Market paper, and a computer generated greeting.










Celebrating September's flower, the aster, I made the "Birthday Wishes" card.  The stamps are by Stampin Up, and the papers are digital French Market designs.




The "Happy Birthday" card again, used a digital French Market design, a Stampin Up greeting, and a silk flower that I rescued from a garage sale.  After washing, drying, and applying some gold and tangerine Stickles it found its new home.  Another one of the punched leaves added the finishing touch.


My fall birthday's for next week are taken care of, so now I can watch "American Handyman" without regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment